- 22 beds – 2 x private wards ; 2 x semi private (2 bed wards) ; 4 x 4 bed wards
- The first in South Africa MaxiSky patient *hoist* – allowing patients to be transferred from any bed comfortably and with ease
- Experienced nursing staff with a passion for long term patient care
- A fully-equipped kitchen that makes delicious, healthy and wholesome meals, catering for all dietary requirements
- A 24/7 oncall medical Doctor to manage the patient’s medical issues (a patient has the right to choose their own Doctor within the terms prescribed, however, we can assign a consultant Doctor that visits our facility).
- Relationships with highly skilled professionals such as physiotherapists, occupational & speech therapists and dieticians, amongst others, to ensure that every patient’ needs are met during their stay
- A breath-taking panoramic roof garden and dining room for recuperation
- Extended visiting hours (12-8pm)
*Please note that the facility has the right to change this at any point depending on the current climate. Please always call the facility to confirm visiting hours*
Humana Health Care has a relationship with a local GP who assists with the daily care of patients. Should a patient not have an attending doctor that is able to come out daily to attend to the patient’s care, we can provide details for our on call GP.
We have relationships with different physiotherapy teams, each specialising in different aspects of rehabilitation. We also have a team of speech therapists, therapists who specialise in stroke assistance and therapists who specialise in post ICU rehabilitation and patients with tracheostomies.
Our occupational therapists are trained to assist patients’ to regain their motor skills. Our wound care uses the latest techniques to attend to varying degrees of pressure wounds, stump care and venous ulcers. Our broader team of service providers also include stoma and trachy specialists, dietitians and psychologists, where necessary.
All staffing teams, in-house and consultants, have all been hand selected and are highly qualified, with extensive experience in the field, allowing them to handle all sub-acute patients, including palliative. We have seen outstanding patient results from these teams and are familiar with their high standard and consistency of care, and therefore prefer our patients use them.